For the last couple of days, I've been playing around with some new software called Jekyll. It's an alternative website compiler that just delivers static files, rather than being database-driven.

It's pretty slick.

And it has been itching the tech geek bone a bit. I didn't realize how much I missed noodling around with some of these things until I was eyeballs deep in getting my Linode server configured to run Jekyll and Ruby and all of the other pieces.

I also managed to break my Linode server, then fixed it on my own without the almighty Google. I feel fairly proud of that, as usually I know how to run the commands, just not what commands I need.

I've also managed to somehow break the DNS for my main URL. I think it's a matter of propagation with DNSSEC, which I turned on for a bit yesterday. So we'll wait and see how that turns out.